If you ever use Microsoft office to create your content, you know how complicated it gets when you paste the content on your WordPress editor.
Have you ever wondered, that if you used a tool designed especially for bloggers, how your content creation process could get a lot easier?
Your content needs to be creative to attract readers.
After all, the most important thing for your blog, by far, is quality content.
Having the proper writing tools will help you to:
- Focus more on your content while avoiding distractions
- Find and remove grammatical errors
- Capture all your ideas
Luckily there are plenty of tools that will make the whole process of creating content a breeze.
Let me share some of the most robust tools that will make your content much better.
Best writing tools for bloggers
Every new blogger needs to try Grammarly. It’s a fantastic tool to check your errors.
But, it doesn’t just do that; it will even go one step further to detect awkward phrases, low word usage, and run-on sentences.
In a nutshell, Grammarly will:
- Eliminate grammar mistakes, spelling, and punctuation.
- Fix inconsistencies in punctuation, formatting, and spelling throughout your content.
- Ensure your word choices sound natural and fluent.
- Make every sentence concise and easy to follow.
- Identify sentences that readers may have to reread to understand and provide suggestions.
- Find vivid words to give life to every message.
- Ensure that your content is fresh and original by checking 16 billion web pages.
So, is it worth having Grammarly as your personal editor?
Well of course yes.
Why is that so?
Well besides being the best Grammar checker on the web, you can directly edit your content on your WordPress blog and Grammarly will suggest you any error. This feature has allowed me to update my content with more peace of mind and ease without having to paste the content outside of wordpress.
I am not a great writer at all. But I am using Grammarly, which is helping me a lot to get better. And the awesome thing about Grammarly is that it’s completely free.
2. Google Docs
Google Docs is rapidly growing as the go-to for many bloggers and writers.
And why is that so?
With Google Docs, you can invite team members to collaborate and edit documents in real-time. This is an excellent feature to have, especially for people who do many guests post or for those who outsource content.
Also, it is integrated with Gmail, which makes it easy to share content with other people.
Other fantastic features of Google docs are:
- You can talk instead of typing
- You can add more fonts
- You can even use Google Docs in offline mode
- You have access to the revision history
These features will help you to stay focused on any given task at hand.
3. Dragon naturally speaking
If you do like to write a lot, you can use your voice to create content. This is where Dragon Naturally speaking outperforms even Google Voice and Siri.
Just talk to your Laptop, and your content will be typed for you.
That sounds really thrilling. Isn’t it?
It’s one of the best speech recognition tools that transcribes text through voice. It is capable of learning new words and phrases to make your content more personalized.
It transcribes your voice into text 3 times faster than typing. It also has a 99% speed recognition accuracy.
And for comfortable proofreading, you can select a block of text and playback, thereby giving you the flexibility to listen and correct your content.
4. Bear writer
Are you a mac user? Then Bear Writer can be a lucrative choice for you.
It is a super user-friendly platform that will allow you to remain focused while you are writing.
It also gives you the flexibility to export content to other formats such as pdf and HTML files.
Another cool feature is the ability to organize and link your thoughts to hashtags.
In short, it’s perfect to create and organize your content.
These were some of the best writing tools for bloggers.
The next thing you will need is to find something to edit and enhance your writing.
Spelling and grammar mistakes are really embarrassing as they can harm your brand.
To help you with that, let’s discuss some excellent tools which will help you to edit and fine-tune your content.
Tools that will help you to edit and fine-tune your content.
Though I believe that Grammarly is the best Grammar checker on the web, there are some tools that you can consider.
1. Hemingway app
Hemingway app analyses your writing and highlight errors through color-coding.
Each type of error is highlighted by a specific color.
- Yellow sentence are long or have complex structures
- Red sentences have unclear or confusing meaning
- Green Sentences show up for passive writing
- Purple color highlights single words. These words can be changed to improve your writing clarity. Don’t worry, the app will give you word suggestions
Another cool feature is the readability score. Lower grades represent a piece of content that is easy to read.
Pro Tip: For blog posts, it is recommended to have grades between 5 and 8. This is because the purpose of a blog post is to provide useful information that is easy to read.
This tool is available for free, but there is also a premium desktop version that will allow you to have access to advanced features.
2. White Smoke
White smoke is another awesome tool to help you edit and fine-tune your content.
If English is not your primary language, this can be the right choice.
So, how can White Smoke help you with your content?
- You can write what comes to your mind with a certain peace of mind that your writing will be error-free
- It provides Web-Based English correction(Perfect for writing your emails)
- It also offers a mobile-friendly application for android and iOS users
- It has around 100 ready-made templates available for letter and documents
- It also provides tutorials that will give you a deeper understanding and knowledge of the English language
Stylewriter is another tool that will help you to improve your writing. In fact, they even make a bold claim that they will make you a better writer.
Some significant benefits of using this tool:
- It will show you how to work as a professional editor. It will teach you how to simplify, cut, and rewrite
- It will highlight jargon phrases, difficult words and acronyms, and abbreviations
- It has over 200,000 graded word list to offer meaningful statistics and ratings you can use to become a better writer
- It will help you to choose from 20 writing tasks, 3 audience type including academic and legal writing
Now, let’s discuss some tools that can help you to capture and organize your ideas.
As a blogger, you will often come to a point that you will run out of ideas for your content.
This is why having a tool that will help you capture new and exciting ideas is a must.
Tools that will help you to capture and organize your ideas
Evernote is one of the best tools to help you remember almost everything. It has more than 225 million users as we speak.
First, it will allow you to store everything, from personal moments to business projects always available to you whenever you need them.
Second, it will allow you to sync across all your devices, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
Finally, you will be able to share everything. From birthdays to boardrooms and team members. You can invite anyone to collaborate on whatever you have your mind.
Pretty impressive? Isn’t it?
As a blogger, it will help you to make an unlimited number of notebooks and search through them. And the awesome thing is that it’s free.
If ever you need more features, you will have to upgrade. But the free version will be enough for you.
I am sure you must have come across a blog post that you wanted to read but didn’t have the time to go through it.
Pocket will allow you to save your blog posts so that you can read them when you are free.
If you are using a laptop or pc you can install the free extension(available for Chrome and Firefox). It will archive your favorite posts for easy reading.
And what if you want to access it through your mobile device?
You can download the app and can save articles anytime and anywhere you want.
And the awesome thing is that it’s free. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
Now, what if you are an iPhone user?
Then you can use Drafts. It will allow you to capture everything. It opens in a new blank page with a keyboard ready for you to type anything.
Once you have written your notes, you will get to use pre-built actions for your notes.
You can compose a tweet, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to reminders, and much more.
Final thoughts: Incredibly Useful Writing Tools For Bloggers
As a new blogger, these tools can make a tremendous impact on your content creation process.
It will not only enhance your writing, but you will be more organized and you will be able to get things done more quickly.
Which is a must in this fast pace era.
If you are new to blogging, there are some resources that you might find interesting:
- Best affiliate programs for new bloggers
- How to make money on Pinterest with a blog
- 11 Best ad networks for new bloggers
If you liked this post, please don’t forget to share it so that others can benefit from it.
See you soon!