This blog post can contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please note that I only recommend products and services that I personally use and trust.
If you have ever wondered how to delete a gig on Fiverr, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss how you can delete a gig on Fiverr as well as examine some important things you should consider before doing so.
Can I Delete Gig On Fiverr?
Yes, you can delete a gig on Fiverr. To do this, go to your Selling tab, select the Gigs icon, then click the three dots next to the relevant gig and select “Delete.”
Reasons for Deleting a Gig on Fiverr
1. Low Quality or Unprofessional Work: If a Gig on Fiverr contains low-quality or unprofessional work, Fiverr may delete it from its platform. Poorly constructed videos, copywriting, low-quality graphic designs, and other works of this nature often create a bad customer experience which is why Fiverr must remove them to protect its customer base and the reputation of the platform.
2. Violation of Terms & Conditions: Fiverr has a set of terms and conditions that all Gigs must adhere to. This includes issues of copyright and intellectual property and any other regulations outlined on their platform. If a Gig violates any of these rules and regulations, it may be removed from the Fiverr platform.
3. Customer Complaint or Disagreement with Seller: Fiverr encourages customers to provide feedback to others and sellers. This doesn’t just refer to a customer’s experience with the given service but also covers any conflicts of opinion between the customer and the seller. If a customer has a complaint or disagrees with the sellers’ policy or terms, Fiverr may delete the Gig.
4. Quality Control: Fiverr’s quality control team reviews Gigs regularly to assess their quality, originality, and suitability for the platform. If a Gig fails to meet quality standards and has the potential to impact customer or seller experience, it may be deleted from Fiver
How to Delete a Gig on Fiverr
To delete a Gig on Fiverr, you must first ensure that you have no active orders related to the Gig. Once you are certain that no orders are currently linked to the Gig, you can take the following steps to delete the Gig:
- Log in to your Fiverr account and click on the “Gigs” tab at the top of the page.
- Select the Gig that you want to delete from the list of your published Gigs, then click “Edit”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click “Delete”.
- Confirm that you are sure you want to delete this Gig by clicking “Yes”.
Considerations before Deleting a Gig on Fiverr
1. Assess Your Current Demand: Before deleting a gig, it is important to assess your current demand. Are you receiving enough orders to justify maintaining the gig? Depending on the type of services offered, it may make more sense to keep the gig running and adjust pricing or services, instead of deleting the gig entirely.
2. Consider Revising the Gig Instead: For some gigs, deleting them from Fiverr can be an extreme measure that is necessary in certain cases. But for many gigs, it may make more sense to revise the gig instead of deleting it. Consider revising the title, descriptions, images, and other aspects of the gig to make it more appealing to buyers.
3. Analyze Your Performance Statistics: Before making any decision regarding a gig, you should analyze your performance statistics. How many orders have you received? What is the average completion rate of your orders? An analysis of the performance statistics can help you determine if deleting the gig is the right decision.
Related: How To Create A Professional Gig On Fiverr
What happens when you delete a gig on Fiverr?
When you delete a gig on Fiverr, several things will happen. First, the gig will be removed from the Fiverr Marketplace and no longer be available to prospective buyers. This means that any existing pending orders as well as any requests or bids that have been made by prospective buyers will be automatically canceled.
Second, any reviews or ratings made for the gig will no longer appear on the gig page, nor will any of your gig-related messages appear in your messages tab. However, any rating you previously left for a buyer or seller will not be affected by the deletion.
Third, if you had any active orders from the gig, the related funds will not be released to you immediately and will instead remain in an ‘In Review’ status for 14 days. During this time, Fiverr will be monitoring the order to make sure it has been properly handled according to their Terms of Service. Any open order from the deleted gig will be automatically canceled after the 14-day review period.
Finally, while your gig is still visible in the Fiverr Archives, you will no longer be able to make any changes or edits to the gig. As a result, you should use caution when deleting a gig to make sure it’s something you really want to do and are certain you won’t need it again in the future.
How do I delete a gig on Fiverr mobile?
To delete a gig on the Fiverr mobile app:
- Log in to your account on the Fiverr mobile app.
- Tap the Profile icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap “Gig Manager” at the top of your screen.
- Scroll through your list of current gigs and tap the gig you want to delete.
- Tap the three-dotted icon at the top-right of your screen and select “Edit Gig”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap the red “Remove Gig” button.
- A pop-up will appear – click “Ok” to delete the gig.
Conclusion: Can I Delete Gig On Fiverr?
In conclusion, deleting a gig on Fiverr is possible, but it is not advised unless absolutely necessary. Once a gig is deleted, there is no real way to recover it, meaning that all the data and funds associated with it are gone forever.
That said, if you are sure that you want to delete your gig, then you can do so by following the instructions provided earlier in this article.