Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This is how we stay funded and these commissions are what keep our site going. Please support us by purchasing through our affiliate links.
As we are entering 2021, it’s not rocket science that you can easily earn $5 per hour online on the side. You will see that there are far more opportunities to earn money from home than you can think of.
Whether you are a student, a stay-at-home mom, or even someone who works a 9 to 5 job, these can be an awesome way to earn some side income. And I’m sure that you are searching for genuine online jobs and want to earn money right away.
You can earn $5 per hour online by applying for freelance jobs, Teaching jobs, and even do Online surveys. And the awesome thing is that you don’t need to have a to of experience to get these awesome jobs.
Before we get started, did you know that many people are using Pinterest to earn a side income?
So, if you have a Pinterest account, you can start to earn money from day 1.
Here is how you can earn money from Pinterest with and without a blog in 2021
Be sure to check it out, as you can easily earn around $50-$200 per day with Pinterest.
That being said, let’s see how you can earn $5-$20 per hour from the comfort of your home.
- 20 Best Late-Night Jobs Anyone Can Do To Make $1,000 Per Week
- 15 Easy Fiverr Gigs Anyone Can Do To Make Money
Easy ways to earn $5 to $20 per hour online from home
Freelance jobs have been among the easiest ways to earn money since the industrial revolution. This has been fueled by technology and to some extent in changing lifestyles.
People nowadays prefer to work from home instead of being tied up to a typical 9 to 5 job. Previously, freelancers relied heavily upon business cards, networking events, or even leaving flyers at their local shops to get some gig jobs.
Those days are gone. Now with just a few clicks, anyone around the world can get a freelance job and earn money instantly.
And with the likes of PayPal, it’s now even more practical and reliable to get some quick cash.
That being said, here are some companies that offer freelance jobs that you can apply from almost anywhere around the world.
If you like freelancing and enjoy working on a unique project every time, this might be the right choice for you. Fiverr is the world’s largest marketplace for digital services.
The set-up is relatively simple, basically, just have to provide a profile picture and some brief descriptions about yourself and you are good to go.
Some famous work that you can find are:
- Creating banners/logos.
- Transcribing audios.
- Data entry.
- Removing background from an image and a lot more.
Usually, you can earn between $5 up to $50 for a simple GIG( A freelance job on fiver is known as a gig).
Fiver charges 20% for every completed gig.
For instance, if you earn $5, Fiver will take $1 as a service charge.
You should also be aware that there is a 3% charge when you withdraw your money. That being said, if fiver doesn’t sound exciting to you, you can try Scribie.
Related: Top 10 High Demand Gigs On Fiverr
Scribie employs new and experienced transcribers in the general transcription field. It means that you will need to have the following skills to be eligible to get approved:
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in spoken/written English.
- Excellent comprehension of American/British/Australian/Indian accents.
You can earn between $5-$20 per audio hour. Some common tasks that you will be required to do:
- Transcribe audio files into text.
- Review audio transcripts for accuracy.
- Verify that the transcript matches the audio.
- Interpret the spoken audio and identify contextual mistakes.
- Correctly identify each speaker in the transcript and label them.
- Correct spelling, punctuation, grammatical mistakes in the transcript.
Rev’s mission is to give more people the freedom to work from home. Apply if you want to become a Transcriptionist, Captioner, or Translator and earn money while working from home.
Below are some type of jobs you can find on Rev:
- Listen to audio and video.
- Accurately type what is being said.
- Label speakers.
The pay range is $0.3 to $1.10 per audio/video minute.
- Watch Video.
- Accurately type what is being said.
- Creatively convey sounds.
- Sync typed audio with Video.
The pay range is $0.54 to 1.10 per audio/video minute.
- Translate subtitles
The pay range is $1.50 to $3.00 per audio/video minute.
On any given day, there are hundreds of projects for Revver’s to review, claim, and complete for extra income. And there is no limit to the number of projects you can claim.
If you are a quick typist and enjoy learning new things as you work, working from home as a freelance with Rev could be the right match for you.
Appen has multiple positions like search engine evaluators, social media evaluators, and much more. None of these jobs requires any prior experience, except for linguistic and translation roles.
They provide you with flexible opportunities to work from home. Their part-time jobs consist of simple tasks that, added up, make a big difference.
You can earn by completing the tasks that you want to do, all from the comfort of your own home.
All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Below is a list of some of the task you can find there:
- Categorize Social Media-Read a tweet or short post and help decide what it’s about or what emotion it contains.
- Moderate Content-Decide if pictures or text are acceptable. For example, whether an image is explicit or a phrase contains abusive language.
- Transcribe Audio-Listen to a short audio clip and write down what you hear.
- Draw Boxes on Images-Use their image tool to place boxes around important objects in pictures.
All that seems a bit overwhelming. I know, but let me help you out and explain to you how it works.
First, you must select a project from the task wall that interests you. Then read the instructions, and you are good to go.
Now, just start tasking. Appen will keep track of your accuracy so you can level up and assign more projects.
Work for as long as you’d like, and you can come back whenever you want to.
VIPKid is an online education company that connects students and teachers globally through one-to-one personalized English language classes.
They pride themselves in finding educators in the U.S and Canada who are knowledgeable, passionate, and ready to make an impact. They provide the curriculum, and you can teach on your schedule.
You work when you want, where you want – with no commitment or minimum hours.
You teach one-on-one. There is no lesson planning. The platform allows you to focus on what you love, and that is teaching.
How to apply:
First, sign up to create an account with VIPKid. Then answer some basic questions. You’ll be on your way to learning more about teaching online and teaching with VIPKid.
Simple, Isn’t it?
NiceTalk, developed by Hangzhou Feizhu Technology Co, Ltd, is China’s first mobile English learning platform that provides students with instant access to fluent English speakers through one on one video chat.
This is an app through which you can teach English to Chinese students. No qualification is needed. You have to teach conversational English. The pay is $10-$15 per hour.
Nicetalk is open to anybody good with conversational English. And the best thing is that you just need your smartphone and high-speed internet to get started.
Benefits of Freelance NiceTalk Tutors:
- Flexible work hours: tutor on your schedule.
- No worry about visa issues.
- No hassle for housing or flights.
- Rewarding teaching experience.
Chegg is a tutoring company that hires online tutors. You can teach many subjects like:
- Calculus, Biology,
- Computer Science,
- Antitrust Law,
- Voice Lessons, and much more.
How it works:
- They will send students to you, and you can log in when it’s convenient for you. You select your best subjects, and they will direct students who need help in those subjects.
- Build your reputation and earn subject bonuses.
- You will get paid every week. You have to focus on tutoring, and they’ll handle rates & billing.
The pay starts at $20/hour and will be deposited into your account every week.
UserTesting hires online website testers to test startup websites and mobile applications, and it doesn’t ask you for any previous experience.
You will need to have a personal computer with a high-speed internet connection, a smartphone, a webcam, and a microphone for this job.
How it works:
- Apply to join our global community by taking a sample test.
- Give feedback on the products that you love and use today.
- Earn $10 for every 20-minute test you complete and even more for interviews.
SERVICE 800 is a phone & online customer satisfaction survey service that provides the most actionable customer feedback. The company is looking for motivated individuals who are willing to work from home as a customer service representative.
The job requirements are:
- You must be bright.
- You must be personable.
- You must be able to articulate well verbally and in written form.
- Previous customer service experience, computer knowledge, and telephone skills are mandatory.
After applying, you will need to pass a reading comprehension evaluation and a scripting session.
The hourly pay for this is around $10-$12 per hour.
TestingTime is another similar platform to UserTesting. This platform is open to all countries. You will also need a computer with an internet connection and a Skype account to give your testing review.
Test from home (e.g., via Skype, Zoom) or in-person with the client. Depending on the study, you earn up to $ 50 per hour as a tester on your account in 10 days.
How it works:
- Tell them a bit about you. This way, they can send you tests that fit your profile best. It takes less than three minutes! Naturally, your information will be used for matching purposes only.
- If your profile is a fit for a study, you’ll get an email invitation. Answer a few more questions and pick a time slot that fits your schedule.
- At the agreed date and time, participate in the guided usability test, either with the client in-person or via Skype.
- Once completed, you will get paid within 10 days.
Scripted hires freelance content writers to create the most engaging articles, tweets, and more. All you need is just some necessary writing skills to apply for this job.
How it works:
- Create a profile.
- Pass the test that has been assigned to you.
- Set up your payment method. You can set up your own prices.
- Propose jobs that you will like to take. New projects are available every day on a variety of topics.
- Talk to customers to better understand their requirements and build relationships with them through in-app messaging.
- Once the task is completed, submit it.
- Receive your payment automatically 15 days after the task is completed and accepted.
5. Google Opinion Rewards
Did you know that Google actually has a program (Google Opinion Rewards) that will help you to earn money online by doing surveys?
It’s really easy to get started.
- First, download that app for the Google store and answer some basic questions about yourself.
- Once completed, Google will send you surveys around once a week. This can also be more frequent.
- You will get a notification on your phone when a short survey is available. You just have to take the survey and your Google play Balance will increase.
You should convert your Google play balance into Cash to be able to withdraw the money.
So how can you do that?
It’s really easy.
- Sign in to your Payment methods.
- Under “Google play Balance”, click on transfer balance.
- Enter the amount that you want to be transferred.
- Confirm your payment method
- Click on transfer.
Final Thoughts: How to earn $5 per hour online in 2021
As you can see, it’s not really difficult to earn between $5 up to $20 per hour online and help you live a better life. I hope this post will help you to find the type of job you are searching for.
That being said, if you really want to earn passive income, then starting a blog is the best venture.
Why I am saying so.
It’s because blogging will allow you to earn a FULL-TIME income if you really dedicate your time and energy towards building a successful blog.
See you soon!