Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This is how we stay funded and these commissions are what keep our site going. Please support us by purchasing through our affiliate links.
When it comes to making money with a new blog, both Ezoic and Propeller ads offer great flexibility to make money with display ads.
But which one of the two is a better option and which one will make more money?
With Ezoic you will make around $10-$43 per thousand impressions whereas with Propeller ads you will make only $1-$5. To get accepted on Ezoic you will need to have at least 3,000 monthly sessions, whereas for Propeller ads there is no minimum traffic requirement.
Ezoic Vs Propeller Ads- The ultimate comparison
Before we get more details about these two ad networks, let’s analyze a table that will help you get an eagle-eye perspective between these two.
|Can accept websites that have anywhere between 3,000-10,000 monthly sessions||No minimum traffic is required to get accepted|
|Approval sometimes can take up to up to one week||Quick and easy approval|
|If your account is rejected, they will inform you exactly why||They can reject your account without any obvious reasons|
|You can easily install Ezoic on your website. You will get a dedicated manager that will help you with your setup||You can easily install Propeller Ads on your website|
|You will get access to AI optimized ads, but sometimes you can also get intrusive ads||You’ll get access to low-level ads|
|Traffic can be from any part of the world||Traffic can be from any part of the world|
|You will get access to premium ads and Google Ads||You will get access to Google ads|
|You will earn more money per thousand impressions.||You will earn less compared to Ezoic|
|The support is really fantastic||Good support|
|No apparent online community||Has an online community for webmasters|
|The average RPM (revenue per thousand impressions) is anywhere between $10-$43||The average RPM (revenue per thousand impressions) is anywhere between $1-$5|
|The minimum payment threshold is $20||The minimum payment threshold is $5|
That being said, let’s get into more details so that you can decide which one will be a better option.
What is Ezoic?
Ezoic is an ad network that is specially designed to help new publishers to monetize their websites with ads.
They have awesome customer service where they will help you to get the most out of your traffic. Actually, you will even get a dedicated manager who will personally help you through the whole process.
They are also a Google Certified partner which makes them a very reliable company.
If you head over to Google Trends, you will notice that it has an upward trend which is a clear indication that the company is flourishing.
Now, there are many benefits if you choose to use Ezoic. For instance:
- Ezoic will do Ad testing for you, which works constantly to optimize your revenue. For instance, if you select only 5 possible ad placements, Ezoic will test around 3,000 combinations to see which combination is generating the most revenue.
- You will get access to a detailed report which will help you know EVERYTHING about your visitors. You will be able to have insights on every single page which will inform you which page is performing best.
- You will have complete control over the platform. You decide how many ads you want to place and where you want them to be displayed.
- With Ezoic, you will get the best customer service that exists for an ad network. You will get a dedicated manager that will help you to set up your account and guide you to maximizing your revenue.
- The payment threshold is only $20. It means that once you reach that threshold, you will be able to withdraw the money.
Now, Ezoic has another awesome feature that will help to speed up your website. If you use this feature, you can increase your website’s speed where you will get 80+ scores on Google’s Web Core Vitals.
The awesome thing about this feature is that it is completely free. You don’t need to get accepted on their platform to even use this feature.
With Ezoic’s AI feature :
- You will achieve a faster load time and 80+ Google page speed insight scores. This will massively increase your chance of getting a higher ranking on Google.
- You will be able to optimize your images that will load much faster. You won’t even need an additional plugin to optimize your images.
- Your blog will use only the CSS that a visitor will need. This will drastically increase your website’s performance.
- Your blog will load as people are scrolling with lazy load.
Requirements to get approved on Ezoic
For you to be eligible for Ezoic:
- Your website should have anywhere between 3,000 to 10,000 monthly sessions. The AI needs to have at least 3,000 monthly sessions so that it can help you generate more money with each display ad..
- Your website must be compliant with Google Policies.
- Your website must contain high-quality content. Content that genuinely helps people. If you have a corporate or e-commerce website, your application will be rejected.
- Your content should be long-form content (as from 800 words).
Ezoic Payment Details
Ezoic will pay publishers on a Net-30 basis which are effected between the 27th and 31st of the month. The minimum payment threshold is $20.
Now they also offer different types of payment methods that can help you get your money the way you want. For instance:
|PayPal||4% currency conversion|
|Direct Deposit (for US residents only)||None|
|Wire Transfer via Payoneer||2%|
|Payoneer Prepaid Card||None|
Proof that Ezoic is the best choice for beginners
Though there are many bloggers out there who will tell you that Mediavine or AdThrive is the best ad network are the best, research shows otherwise.
For instance, Income School did research on several ad networks and found out that for a website that is eligible for Mediavine, the RPM is slightly higher.
As you can see, you will earn slightly more if ever you are using Ezoic. Please note that your website must be getting at least 50,000 monthly sessions for you to be able to generate more money with Ezoic.
On average, if your website has low traffic and most of your traffic is not coming from the US, UK, or Canada, here is how much you can make:
Now, if you want to have more details about the whole process, you can watch the full video where they compared these ad networks:
What is Propeller Ads
Propeller Ads is another ad network that is mainly used by beginners. Right now it has around 150k publishers and has been in the industry for 8 years.
Propeller Ads claims that they will cover 100% of your web and mobile traffic with their cross-platform solutions so that you can earn maximum revenue.
Right now, Propeller Ads offers 5 different types of Ads:
It’s a browser notification that doesn’t take a lot of space and will generate instant per-subscription revenue (CPS) together with other ad formats.
2.Onclick Ads (Popunder)
Propeller Ads is mainly known for its popunder ads which are full-tab ads that are user-initiated and appear in a new browser tab. This special feature will allow you to monetize every visitor you have to your website.
Now, here is the thing: Popunder ads are known to be a little intrusive for users. Though it can help you make more money, it will hurt the user experience.
3.In-page push (Banner)
It’s just a native ad that looks similar to a classic push notification that is displayed on your website.
Interstitials are fast-loading ads that are displayed before and after a specific website page. It is an ad format that is skippable. These ads can easily be optimized to get a high CTR.
Smart links are special URLs that are designed to automatically take visitors to the most relevant offers that are available. It is a perfect solution for paid (pop), redirect, 404 traffic, toolbar, expired domains, etc.
It’s important to know that you don’t have any minimum traffic requirement to get accepted on the platform. If your website has good content, you will be able to get accepted very easily. It can be a perfect solution if ever Google Adsense rejected your application.
Advantages of using Propeller ads
The most obvious reason to use this ad network is that your traffic can come from any part of the world and you will be able to make money.
Propeller Ads has a wide variety of advertisers in every country and every niche which means that your impressions will not be wasted.
All their ads are manually moderated. So there won’t be any virus, malware, or obscene content that will be displayed on your website
Even if you have AdSense on your website, you will be able to boost your profit by using Propeller ads with the right combination.
Their ads bypass ad-blocking software that will increase your earnings by 20%.
They also have a referral program that will allow you to make more money if you can refer them to your audience.
You will be part of the online publisher community. They hold meet-ups for webmasters where they nurture innovative ideas to help you earn more.
Propeller Ads payment details
When it comes to payout, Propeller Ads is really very flexible. You can actually receive your payment EVERY week to your preferred payment method.
Also, the minimum payment threshold is only $5 which can be quite beneficial for new publishers.
Right now, they are offering 6 payment methods:
- Wire Transfer
Final thoughts: Ezoic Vs Propeller Ads-Which One Should You Choose In 2021
My personal recommendation is to use Ezoic because it is more stable and will help you get the most out of your traffic.
Though you can get accepted very easily and make money instantly with Propeller ads, the truth is that Ezoic is the best choice. That’s why it’s recommended to wait till your traffic reaches at least 3,000 monthly sessions to apply for Ezoic.
But if your traffic is low, I will suggest that you can use Google Adsense until you are eligible for Ezoic.
I have used Propeller ads in the past and I didn’t really like the way it performed. Though I got accepted the same day, the earning was really low.
I hope that this blog post has helped you to understand the pros and cons of each ad network and help you make a better decision.
If you haven’t yet decided which ad network you want to choose, then here are a few resources that can help you:
- Best Mediavine Alternatives For New Bloggers
- Best Ezoic Alternatives For New Bloggers
- Mediavine Or AdThrive-Which One Is Best For You
- Mediavine Vs Ezoic- Which One Makes More Money
- Mediavine Vs Monumetric- Which One Is Best For You
- Is Monumetric Worth It? My Honest Opinion
- Is Mediavine Better Than Adsense?
- Best ad networks for new bloggers
See you soon!