This content may contain links to products, software, and services. Please assume all such links are affiliate links which may result in my earning commissions and fees.
If you want to succeed as a freelancer on Fiverr, you absolutely need to find ways to rank your gig. Without ranking, there is no way potential buyers will find and contact you.
If you want to get ahead of most freelancers, you will need to know how the Fiverr algorithm works so that you can use it to your advantage to get your gig to rank higher on the search results.
In this post, I will share 8 things you can do to rank your gig on Fiverr.
Let’s get started.
1. Choose a low-competition Fiverr gig
This is perhaps one of the most important steps if you really want to get any kind of traction on Fiverr.
But the truth is this: Due to competition, you will have a very tough time competing with established freelancers who have a lot of positive reviews.
Now that you know what type of gig you should choose, the next step is to:
2. Optimize your gig title
When a potential buyer does a search on the platform, the first thing they will see is your gig title.
So, if your title doesn’t stand out, they won’t click on it and you will miss a precious opportunity to make a sale.
So, what should you do to optimize your title?
Well, here are a few things that your title should contain:
- It must be very specific – This is where the right buyer will contact you. For example: Instead of saying you will provide quality written content, you can say ” I will create SEO-optimized content for digital marketing”.
- Be more expressive – What I mean by that is: you must lure the buyer using a language that will resonate with them. For instance: Instead of saying “I will design a website”, you can say” I will design a fast and lightweight website that is optimized for SEO”.
- Use specific keywords in your title – For this, you will have to do positive keyword research and include it in your title.
Pro tip: Keywords are the foundation on which you will build your ranking. You absolutely need to do keyword research for your Fiver gig to be able to get favored in the algorithm.
3. Optimize your gig description
You should write your gig description in such a way that it compels the buyer to take action.
This is really important as it can make a massive difference in the number of requests you get.
Here are 4 simple things that you can do to make your gig more compelling:
- You should include your main keyword( Positive keyword) in your description. ( This will help the Fiverr algorithm understand to which buyer they will show our gig).
- You should explain why a potential buyer should hire you. What do you have to offer and why your service is better than your competitors.
- You should elaborate on your previous experience and show them specific examples of your work(whenever possible).
- You should personalize your gig by speaking directly to your potential buyer. For instance, you should use words like “You” or “Your business”.
Pro tip: Always remember that you are on Fiverr to provide a service. You should always try to convince your potential buyers how you can make their life easier or how you can give them the best experience.
4. Try to get more positive reviews
Positive reviews are an integral part of the Fiverr algorithm. It is one of the most important factors that they take into consideration when ranking a gig.
That’s why you should ways try to make your client happy and give them the best service at an affordable price.
Now, there are a few people that will tell you to buy Fiverr reviews to speed up the process.
Here is an example:
On the surface, it may seem like a good move as you will be able to get a quality review for only $20.
5. Optimize search tags
If you want to optimize your Fiverr gig further, it’s vital to add search tags.
So, how will you know which tag you should use?
Well, all you have to do is to go to a top seller profile (related to your gig) and see what tags they are using.
Here is an example of a “Domain” tag:
Including tags, will increase the number of people who see your gig and they will be more likely to contact you.
However, refrain from using unnecessary tags as this may hurt your Fiverr rating for your desired service keywords.
6. Use high-quality images for your gig
The amount of views determines a gig’s rating on Fiverr, and more views often equal a better ranking.
The use of high-quality photos that persuade the user to click on your gig is therefore crucial to be able to get more views and impressions.
This is something that may not seem important, but it can have a massive impact on how potential buyers view you.
As you may know, the first impression is vital for anyone to be able to trust you. Having a low-quality pic that is not compelling will only harm your account in the long run.
Now, if you don’t have any design experience, you can use a free Canva account to make really beautiful and compelling graphics.
Now that you know how to rank your gig on Fiverr, there are a few things that you can do to accelerate the process.
7. Promote your gig on social media
Once you have created your gig, it will be time to promote it. If you wait for Fiverr, it can take around 30 days for a specific positive keyword to reach its full potential.
So, meanwhile, you can use any social media platform to create awareness and let people in your circle know that you are a freelancer and they can suggest their family and friends about your services.
Though most people will choose Facebook, Twitter to LinkedIn to create awareness, I will suggest you use Pinterest.
Well, here is a screenshot of the number of clicks my pins generated in only 1 month:
As you can see, some of my pins generate thousands of clicks in just 1 month.
And the awesome thing about Pinterest is that it is free traffic. As far as I know, there is not any other social media platform that can generate so many clicks for free.
So, if you really want to expand your reach, Pinterest can be your best friend.
8. Review your stats
Peter Drucker has a powerful quote which is: “What gets measured gets managed”.
To be able to make necessary adjustments and maximize your gig’s performance you will need to review your stats.
Fiverr provides handy statistics about how your gigs are performing.
To be able to access your stats you will need to login and head over to the selling menu and click on gigs.
In the stats screen, you will be able to get data for:
- Impressions: These are the instances where your gig was shown as a thumbnail on Fiverr.
- Clicks: These are the clicks that followed a person seeing it.
- Social Gig views: This is the total amount of social media views.
- Conversion Rates: This represents the average of all impressions divided by all orders.
Final thought: How To Rank Your Gig On Fiverr
These were the 8 things you should do to rank your gig on Fiverr.
If you follow everything that I have told you in this article, you will be able to see a massive difference in your impressions and clicks.
Also, please don’t forget to use Pinterest to leverage your reach as having more social clicks will help your gig appear higher on the search results.
If you are new to Fiverr, then here are a few resources that can help you:
- How To Create A Good Fiverr Profile(With Examples)
- How Long Does It Take To Get Orders On Fiverr
- How Fiverr Affiliate Works-Hidden Secrets Of Fiverr Affiliate Marketing
- 10 Amazing Fiverr Typing Jobs That You Can Start Today
- The Secret To Making $5,000 Per Month Reselling Fiverr Gigs
See you soon!