This content may contain links to products, software, and services. Please assume all such links are affiliate links which may result in my earning commissions and fees.
According to Statista, the revenue for Google Adsense was 146.92 Billion US dollars in 2020 which clearly shows that advertisers are spending a lot of money on Google ads.
Actually, if you start a niche website and monetize it with Ads and Affiliate Marketing you will be able to make a full-time income within 2 years.
So, which ad network should you choose if you want to earn maximum revenue?
Various research shows that you can make anywhere between $20-$47 per thousand impressions with Mediavine, whereas with Google Adsense you can only make $1-$36. Also, with Mediavine you will get access to premium ads whereas you won’t get this option with Google Adsense.
That being said, it’s important to know that to get accepted on Mediavine your website should be getting at least 50,000 monthly sessions whereas for Google Adsense there is no minimum traffic requirement.
SPECIAL NOTE: When it comes to making money with ads, EZOIC is the best option for new bloggers. This is because it has no minimum traffic requirement and new websites will get the highest RPM. Create your Ezoic account now, and start to make money with ads.
Mediavine Vs Google Adsense- The ultimate comparison
If you are not using ads on your website and want to know all your available options, then the table below will be of great help to you.
|Ad network||Minimum Monthly Sessions||RPM Range||Payment Threshold||Payment Method|
|Mediavine||50,000||$20-$47||$25||PayPal, Wire Transfer, and Direct Deposit|
|Ad Thrive||100,000||$20-$37||$25||PayPal, Check, Wire Transfer, and Direct Deposit|
|Ezoic||10,000||$10-$43||$20||PayPal, Direct Deposit, Cheque, Payoneer|
|Monumetric||10,000||$5-$15||$10||PayPal and Direct Deposit|
|Media.Net||5,000||$5-$10||$100||PayPal and Wire Transfer|
|BuySell Ads||100,000||$15-$30||$20||Paypal, Wire Transfer, and Check|
|Ad-Pushup||10,000||$4-$12||$50||Paypal, Check, and Wire Transfer|
|Sovrn||No-Minimum requirement||$5-$10||$10||Paypal, Check, and Wire Transfer|
|Propeller Ads||No-Minimum requirement||$1-$5||$5||PayPal, Payoneer, Bank Wire, and Skrill|
|Info Links||No-Minimum requirement||$1-$5||$50||PayPal, Check, and Payoneer|
Now that you have a better idea about the requirements and potential earnings for all the popular ad networks, let’s do a head-to-head comparison between Mediavine and Google Adsense.
Mediavine Vs Google Adsense (Head-to-Head comparison)
|There is no minimum traffic requirement to get accepted on the platform||To get accepted on the platform, you absolutely need to have 50,000 monthly sessions|
|Quick and Easy Approval||Approval can sometimes take up to 3-4 weeks|
|If your account is rejected, they will inform you exactly why||They can reject your account without any obvious reasons|
|You can easily install Google Adsense on your website. You just need to paste a code and you are done||You can easily install Mediavine on your website|
|You will get intrusive ads that can hurt your earnings||You’ll get access to the best ads available for publishers|
|Traffic can be from any part of the world. You don’t need to have most of your traffic from the US, Uk, or Canada.||Most of your traffic must come from the US, UK, and Canada to be eligible|
|You will get access to Google Ads only||You will get access to premium ads, Google ads, and double click ads|
|You will earn less compared to Mediavine||Earnings(CPM) are almost the same irrespective of how much traffic you are getting|
|No access to Video Ads||Have access to Video Ads|
|The support is usually non-existent||Good support|
|No apparent online community||Has an awesome Facebook group that helps publishers a lot|
Reasons why you should choose Mediavine
Mediavine is one of the favorite platforms which bloggers choose to monetize their blogs with ads. The reason is that it is a very powerful ad management platform that is quite flexible and is amongst the best when it comes to getting the most out of your ads.
So, what are the benefits of using this platform?
In a nutshell, if you use Mediavine:
- You will be able to use “lazy loading”. A lightweight ad tech that optimizes your ads so that they can load more effectively. This in turn reduces your site speed and your content loads faster.
- You will get access to premium ads and every ad unit comes with an ad reporting button so that you can have control of your ads.
- You will be able to showcase your videos and monetize them more effectively.
- You will get access to their Facebook community where you can interact with their team members and industry experts. These people will guide you in the right direction and help you with any issues you migh have.
- The platform will automatically place ads for you to earn maximum revenue using your ad slots more effectively.
- You will be able to get the best RPM.
How Mediavine will pay you?
Mediavine offers different types of payment methods that help small publishers get their money in a way that is more flexible depending on the publisher’s regions and preferred mode of payment.
Here are the payment methods and fees for Mediavine:
|Payment Method||Minimum Payout||Tipalti Fee|
|Wire Transfer US||$25||$15 per transaction|
|Wire Transfer Non-US, Non-USD||$25||$20 per transaction|
|Wire Transfer Non-US (USD)||$25||$26 per transaction|
Now, it’s important to know that Mediavine will pay you on a Net-65 basis, which is something that you might not like.
Here is the payment schedule for 1 year:
How much can you make with Mediavine
The amount you can make with Mediavine will greatly vary depending on your niche and quality of traffic.
For instance, if your traffic is coming mostly from the US, UK, or Canada, you will make more per thousand impressions.
That being said, let’s have a look at a survey done by Income School to get more accurate data.
After having surveyed more than 100 bloggers, they got this result:
As you can notice, the Median RPM for Mediavine was $24.30, which means that you will earn $24.30 for every 1,000 impressions.
Pro Tip: Ezoic is another ad network that can help you earn more than Mediavine. I will discuss more on that in the end.
For the time being, let’s have a look ad Google Adsense.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you are struggling with blog traffic, you can use Pinterest to bring massive traffic to your new blog. Making money with your new blog can sometimes be very frustrating. That's why you should implement different strategies to earn maximum revenue. Here are 14 ways to make money with your new blog.
Reasons why you should choose Google Adsense
Almost every new blogger has at some point in time tried Google Adsense. The reason is that is it amongst the largest ad network out there and it is relatively easy to get accepted on the platform.
According to Statista, the revenue for Google Adsense was 146.92 Billion dollars in 2020.
As you can see, the revenue has been increasing over time, which clearly indicates the potential of monetizing your website with ads.
Pros of using Google Adsense:
- You don’t need to have any minimum traffic to get accepted.
- The set-up is really easy. All you have to do is to copy a code on your worpress blog.
- You can enable auto-ads which will place ads on your blog automatically and you will start to make money without any further effort.
- You can potentially make a lot of money given that the RPM for Google Adsense fluctuates constantly.
- If Google Adsense accept your application, then you will be eligible to apply for other ad networks easily.
How much can you make with Google Adsense?
One thing I have noticed with my Google Adsense account is that the RPM fluctuates a lot. There are days when my RPM is only $3 but on other days it can rise up to $134. Crazy isn’t it?
Usually, the average RPM (Earnings per thousand impressions) for most blogs will look like this:
But there are days when it can go crazy:
Based on what I have observed from my Google Adsense Account and survey done by Income School, you can expect to earn anywhere between $3-$20 per thousand impressions.
SPECIAL NOTE: There are many reasons why Google Adsense will reject your application. But, if you follow the Google Adsense 6 Month Rule, your website will get accepted. Once your request is accepted, the next thing to do is to BLOCK low-paying ads so that you can make at least $5 PER DAY with Google Adsense.
How Google Adsense will pay you?
Once you reach the minimum payment threshold of €70 or $100, you will be able to receive your money.
Right now, Google Adsense is offering 5 payment methods which are:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- EFT via single Euro payment area (SEPA)
- Wire Transfer
Is there any other option other than Mediavine and Google Adsense?
If you are new to blogging and you are searching for the most reliable ad network, then Ezoic can be your best friend.
Based on a survey done by Income school, it has been found that Ezoic tends to outperform both Mediavine and Google Adsense.
So what are the benefits of using Ezoic?
Well, if you use Ezoic:
- You will be able to have acess to premium ads. On Mediavine to get access to quality ads you will need to have 50,000 monthly sessions. There is no minimum traffic requirement to get accepted on Ezoic.
- It will do Ad testing for you, which will deternine the best possible cominations of ads so that you can maximize your income. For instance, if you select only 5 possible ad placements, Ezoic will test around 3,000 combinations to see which combination is generating the most revenue.
- You will get access to a detailed report which will help you get insights on every single page which will inform you which page is performing best.
- You will have complete control over the platform. You decide how many ads you want to place and where you want them to be displayed.
- With Ezoic, you will get the best customer service that exists for an ad network. You will get a dedicated manager that will help you to set up your account and guide you to maximizing your revenue.
- The payment threshold is only $20. It means that once you reach that threshold, you will be able to withdraw the money.
- You will get higher RPM if your traffic is coming from developing countries. The average RPM for traffic coming from developing countries on Mediavine is only $2.22, whereas on Ezoic it is $3.24.
- If your website is getting more than 50,000 monthly sessions, with Mediavine your RPM will be around $24.30 whereas on Ezoic it will be $25.00.
Even if you are not using Ezoic for display ads, you can use their FREE AI feature, which will help you make your website faster.
For instance, if you use Ezoic’s AI feature:
- You will achieve a faster load time and 80+ Google page speed insight scores.
- You will be able to optimize your images that will load much faster.
- Your blog will use only the CSS that a visitor will need.
- Your blog will load as people are scrolling with lazy load.
Create your free account to increase your website’s speed and get an 80+ Google web core vitals score.
Here is a step-by-step guide that will show you how to use the site speed accelerator:
How will you get paid on Ezoic?
If you use Ezoic, you will get paid on a Net-30 basis, whereas with Mediavine you will get paid on a Net-65 basis.
Also, the minimum payment threshold for Ezoic is $20, whereas for Google Adsense it is $100.
Here are the payment methods and fees for Ezoic:
|PayPal||4% currency conversion|
|Direct Deposit (for US residents only)||None|
|Wire Transfer via Payoneer||2%|
|Payoneer Prepaid Card||None|
If your website is getting more than 3,000 monthly sessions, then you can give it a try.
Final thoughts: Is Mediavine Better Than Adsense?
If you are just getting started and your website’s traffic is really low, then you should use Google Adsense.
But, if your website is getting more than 3,000 monthly sessions then I will highly recommend you to use Ezoic, as it is slightly better than Mediavine.
If you want to have more details, you can read my full guide to compare Mediavine with Ezoic.
I hope that this article will help you make the right choice so that you can make the most out of your ad slots.
If ever you are struggling with traffic, then you can read my complete guide on how I am using Pinterest to generate traffic to this blog.
- Mediavine Vs Monumetric- Which One Is Best For You
- Ezoic Vs Propeller Ads-Which One Should You Choose
- Best Mediavine Alternatives For New Bloggers
- Mediavine Or AdThrive-Which One Is Best For You
- Mediavine Vs Ezoic- Which One Makes More Money
If you liked this post, please don’t forget to share it as it will really help me a lot. Thank you.
See you soon!