This content may contain links to products, software, and services. Please assume all such links are affiliate links which may result in my earning commissions and fees.
I know how difficult it can be to choose the right ad network for your website especially when you find all kinds of answers on the web. That’s why I created this article.
In this post, I will show you all the pros and cons of each ad network elaborate on real research done by my Income school, and help you decide between the two.
But first of all, what is the main difference between these two awesome ad networks?
Mediavine is an ad network requiring at least 50,000 monthly sessions while Ezoic is quite flexible and has no minimum traffic requirement. Based on a survey done by Income School, Ezoic tends to generate slightly more if the website is getting more than 50,000 monthly sessions.
Mediavine vs Ezoic- The ultimate Comparison for 2022
Before we get into the details about these two awesome ad networks, let’s analyze a table that will help you get an eagle-eye perspective between these two.
Mediavine Vs Ezoic- The ultimate comparison:
|No minimum traffic requirement||To get accepted on the platform, you absolutely need to have 50,000 monthly sessions|
|Quick and Easy Approval||Approval sometimes can take up to 3-4 weeks|
|If your account is rejected, they will inform you exactly why||They can reject your account without any obvious reasons|
|You can easily install Ezoic on your website. You will get a dedicated manager that will help you with your setup||You can easily install Mediavine on your website|
|You will get access to AI-optimized ads, but sometimes you can also get intrusive ads||You’ll get access to the best ads available from publishers|
|Traffic can be from any part of the world. You don’t need to have most of your traffic from the US, Uk, or Canada||Most of your traffic must come from the US, Uk, and Canada to be eligible|
|You will get access to premium ads and Google Ads||You will get access to premium ads, Google ads, and double-click ads|
|You will earn slightly less if your monthly sessions are below 50,000. But if you are getting more than 50,000 monthly sessions you will earn slightly more than Mediavine||Earnings(CPM) are almost the same irrespective of how much traffic you are getting.|
|Has access to Video Ads||Has access to Video Ads|
|The support is really fantastic||Good support|
|No apparent online community||Have an awesome Facebook group that helps publishers a lot|
|The average CPM for food-related niches is $8.55||The average CPM for food-related niches is $7.32|
|The average CPM for outdoor-related niches is $5.39||The average CPM for outdoor-related niches is $5.69|
|The average CPM for travel-related niches is $9.78||The average CPM for travel-related niches is $7.26|
|The average CPM for developing countries (India & China) is $3.24||The average CPM for developing countries (India & China) is $2.22|
Now that you know the main differences between these two ad networks, let’s go deeper into the mechanics and see how these really perform in real life.
We will analyze a survey done by Income School where they compared Ezoic and Mediavine together with AdThrive and Google Adsense.
How much Can you make with Ezoic and Mediavine?
If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know how much I love to put everything on a table. So, let’s have a quick overview of some of the most popular ad networks and see how much you can earn with each.
Here you must focus on the RPM (It means how much you can potentially earn with every 1,000 impressions).
|Ad network||Minimum Monthly Sessions||RPM Range||Payment Threshold||Payment Method|
|Mediavine||50,000||$20-$47||$25||PayPal, Wire Transfer, and Direct Deposit|
|Ad Thrive||100,000||$20-$37||$25||PayPal, Check, Wire Transfer, and Direct Deposit|
|Ezoic||10,000||$10-$43||$20||PayPal, Direct Deposit, Cheque, Payoneer|
|Monumetric||10,000||$5-$15||$10||PayPal and Direct Deposit|
|Media.Net||5,000||$5-$10||$100||PayPal and Wire Transfer|
|BuySell Ads||100,000||$15-$30||$20||Paypal, Wire Transfer, and Check|
|Ad-Pushup||10,000||$4-$12||$50||Paypal, Check, and Wire Transfer|
|Sovrn||No-Minimum requirement||$5-$10||$10||Paypal, Check, and Wire Transfer|
|Propeller Ads||No-Minimum requirement||$1-$5||$5||PayPal, Payoneer, Bank Wire, and Skrill|
|Info Links||No-Minimum requirement||$1-$5||$50||PayPal, Check, and Payoneer|
That being said, let’s see the real case study done by Income School.
After having surveyed more than 100 bloggers, Income School was able to get this data:
Based on this data, you can see clearly see that both Mediavine and Adthrive tend to generate more income per thousand impressions( Median RPM).
But the study had a flaw.
Since Ezoic accepts websites with low traffic, it will have a tendency to have a lower RPM than Mediavine.
So, they did another research where they compared websites that were only eligible for Mediavine. It means that all websites get more than 50,000 monthly sessions.
They got this result:
As you can see, for all websites that were eligible more Mediavine, Ezoic had a slight edge on Median RPM.
It clearly shows that if you have a lot of traffic, you will make more money with Ezoic.
If you want more info, you can watch the full video:
What is Ezoic?
Ezoic is an awesome ad network that is specially designed for new bloggers. It is a company that works really hard to help small publishers earn maximum revenue.
Ezoic claims that they can boost your revenue by 50%-250% within a few months. This is quite bold a statement, but the truth is many bloggers who use Ezoic are very happy with the platform.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you are struggling with blog traffic, you can use Pinterest to bring massive traffic to your new blog. Making money with your new blog can sometimes be very frustrating. That's why you should implement different strategies to earn maximum revenue. Here are 14 ways to make money with your new blog.
Why should you choose Ezoic?
I love Ezoic as they have a fantastic team and are ready to help small bloggers. So, if you are a new blogger, Ezoic is the best option.
Why am I saying so?
Well because, in a nutshell:
- Ezoic will do Ad testing for you, which will increase your revenue a lot. For instance, if you select only 5 possible ad placements, Ezoic will test around 3,000 combinations to see which combination is generating the most revenue. This is a unique feature to help you get the most out of your ad placements.
- You will get access to a detailed report which will help you know EVERYTHING about your visitors. You will be able to have insights on every single page which will inform you which page is performing best. Having this kind of data is crucial if you want to increase your earnings with ads.
- You will have complete control over the platform. You decide how many ads you want to place and where you want them to be displayed.
- With Ezoic, you will get the best customer service that exists for an ad network. You will get a dedicated manager that will help you to set up your account and guide you to maximizing your revenue.
- The payment threshold is only $20. It means that once you reach that threshold, you will be able to withdraw the money.
Now, there is another fantastic reason why Ezoic can be your best friend. If you use their platform, you can increase your website’s speed where you will get 80+ scores on Google’s Web Core Vitals.
If you use Ezoic’s AI feature:
- You will achieve a faster load time and 80+ Google page speed insight scores.
- You will be able to optimize your images so that they will load much faster.
- Your blog will use only the CSS that a visitor will need.
- Your blog will load as people are scrolling with a lazy load.
Pro Tip: You don’t need to get accepted as a publisher to be able to use their tools. You can increase your website’s speed for free.
Create your free account to increase your website’s speed and get an 80+ Google web core vitals score.
Pros of using Ezoic:
- You can get accepted on the platform even if your website is not getting a lot of traffic.
- You will earn more money compared to other mediocre ad networks as you will get paid for both Pay Per View and Pay Per Click.
- You get paid on a Net 30 basis. Which means you will get your money every month.
- There are different types of payment methods that will give you the flexibility to get your money. You can either receive your money by check, Direct Deposit, PayPal, or Payoneer.
- They have fantastic support that will guide you through the whole process. Also having a dedicated manager for your account will make sure that your problems are solved in a very efficient way.
- You will get accepted for any niche that adheres to Google Adsense Policies.
- You can have traffic from anywhere and you will still be able to make money with ads. Actually, if most of your traffic is from developing countries, Ezoic is your best option.
Cons of using Ezoic:
- If your monthly sessions are less than 50,000, you will earn slightly less compared to Mediavine.
- It will take the AI around 3 months to be able to give you maximum revenue for your traffic.
How popular is Ezoic?
To know more about this, let’s head over to Google trends.
As you can see, more people have been searching for Ezoic. This is an indication of the popularity of the platform.
Though this ad network is not as popular as Mediavine and has around 10,000 websites, it is the best option for all new bloggers.
Requirements to get approved on Ezoic
For you to be eligible for Ezoic:
- Your website must be compliant with Google Policies.
- Your website must contain high-quality content. Content that genuinely helps people. If you have a corporate or e-commerce website, your application will be rejected.
- Your content should be long-form content (as from 800 words).
Ezoic Payment Details
Ezoic will pay publishers on a Net-30 basis which is effected between the 27th and 31st of the month. The minimum payment threshold is $20.
Here are some payment methods and fees for Ezoic:
|PayPal||4% currency conversion|
|Direct Deposit (for US residents only)||None|
|Wire Transfer via Payoneer||2%|
|Payoneer Prepaid Card||None|
What is Mediavine?
Mediavine is an ad network that is very popular amongst bloggers. This ad network works very closely with publishers to help them generate maximum income with ads.
It is also a Google Certified Partner and Tag certified which justifies its credibility. As a matter of fact, they have 3 core principles that they focus on to give the best results.
These principles are:
- Best-in-class technology
- Traffic quality
- Brand Safety
Mediavine Payment Details
Mediavine will pay you on a Net-65 basis which means that you will receive money that you earned after 65 days. Payments are scheduled on the 5th of every month and if ever it falls on a weekend, you will get paid on the next business day.
Here is the payment schedule for one year:
There are a few methods by which you can receive your money from Mediavine. Here is a list of the payments methods and fees for Mediavine:
|Payment Method||Minimum Payout||Tipalti Fee|
|Wire Transfer US||$25||$15 per transaction|
|Wire Transfer Non-US, Non-USD||$25||$20 per transaction|
|Wire Transfer Non-US (USD)||$25||$26 per transaction|
Why should you choose Mediavine?
Though Ezoic tends to earn slightly more for websites with high traffic, it doesn’t mean that you cannot use Mediavine.
Here are a few reasons why you can choose Mediavine as your preferred Ad network.
- Site Speed – Their lightweight ad tech employs “lazy loading” so that your ads don’t slow down your content.
- Quality Ads – The platform only works with premium ad partners and every ad unit comes with an ad reporting button for real-time control.
- Data-Driven Dashboard – With the dashboard, you can easily control your ads and earnings. You will get access to metrics such as RPM, top posts, and many more to have full control over your account.
- Video forward – Their video player will allow you to easily showcase and monetize your videos.
- Community – They have an exclusive Facebook group where you will be able to connect with their team and industry experts.
- Dynamic Ad placement – The platform will place ads automatically for optimal viewability, user experience, and adherence to the coalition for better ad standards.
If you are interested to join Mediavine, then here are the new requirements.
Which blog niches can choose Mediavine?
Now, if your blog falls in these categories, then Mediavine will be perfect. Please note that most of your traffic must come from either the US, UK, or Canada, for you to be able to maximize your revenue.
Niches that tend to perform really well with Mediavine:
- Food and Drink
- Personal Finance
- Family and Parenting
- Home and DIY
- Arts and Entertainment
- Health and Fitness
- Hobbies and Interests
- Style and Fashion
Related: Is Mediavine Better Than Adsense?
SPECIAL NOTE: When it comes to making money with ads, EZOIC is the best option for new bloggers. This is because it has no minimum traffic requirement and new websites will get the highest RPM. Create your Ezoic account now, and start to make money with ads.
Final Thoughts: Mediavine vs Ezoic (Comparison, Case Study, and Earnings)
Both Ad networks are really powerful and each has its own strengths. If you are a new blogger, I will highly advise you to choose Ezoic as it will be the perfect place to start.
If you have a lot of traffic from the US, UK, and Canada, the Mediavine will perform really well.
But, if I had to choose between these two, I would have chosen Ezoic because:
- I wouldn’t have to worry about where my traffic is coming from. All I will need to focus on is generating enough traffic.
- I can potentially make more money when my blog exceeds 50,000 monthly sessions.
- The AI will have enough time to learn about my blog, which will end up optimizing my blog’s revenue more.
That being said, whatever you do, the most important thing is to create quality content and generate enough traffic to earn a decent income with ads.
- Mediavine Vs Media. Net-The Ultimate Comparison
- How To Qualify For Mediavine-The Ultimate Guide
- Mediavine Or AdThrive-Which One Is Best For You
- Mediavine Vs Monumetric- Which One Is Best For You
- Ezoic Vs Propeller Ads-Which One Should You Choose
If you liked this post please don’t forget to share it as it really helps me get some extra exposure.
Thank you so much for your support.
See you soon!