One main reason why most people start their blog is to be able to create a passive income consistently which can be achieved within 2 years.
Almost all new bloggers will make the wrong choice when it comes to finding the right ad network. So, which one of these two ad networks will be a better choice for you, and what are the main differences between these two?
Mediavine is a better ad network than Monumetric as you can make anywhere between $20-$47 per thousand of impressions, whereas with Monumetric you will earn only between $5-$15 per thousand impressions.
That being said, let’s see the pros and cons for each so that you can make the right decision.
If you are new to blogging and want to compare the most popular ad networks, then the below resources will be crucial in making the right decision.
- Best Mediavine Alternatives For New Bloggers
- Mediavine Or AdThrive-Which One Is Best For You
- Mediavine Vs Ezoic- Which One Makes More Money
Mediavine Vs Monumetric- Which one is a better choice for new bloggers?
I know how hard it can be to find the perfect ad network when you are a new blogger. A quick search on the web you try to find an answer will make you even more confused as there is too much information.
For instance, when I started this blog last year, I can still remember how hard it was for me to find good resources that would have helped me make the right choice.
This is why I created a table that will help you analyze everything more effectively and guide you in the right direction.
|Ad network||Minimum Monthly Sessions||RPM Range||Payment Threshold||Payment Method|
|Mediavine||50,000||$20-$47||$25||PayPal, Wire Transfer, and Direct Deposit|
|Ad Thrive||100,000||$20-$37||$25||PayPal, Check, Wire Transfer, and Direct Deposit|
|Ezoic||10,000||$10-$43||$20||PayPal, Direct Deposit, Cheque, Payoneer|
|Monumetric||10,000||$5-$15||$10||PayPal and Direct Deposit|
|Media.Net||5,000||$5-$10||$100||PayPal and Wire Transfer|
|BuySell Ads||100,000||$15-$30||$20||Paypal, Wire Transfer, and Check|
|Ad-Pushup||10,000||$4-$12||$50||Paypal, Check, and Wire Transfer|
|Sovrn||No-Minimum requirement||$5-$10||$10||Paypal, Check, and Wire Transfer|
|Propeller Ads||No-Minimum requirement||$1-$5||$5||PayPal, Payoneer, Bank Wire, and Skrill|
|Info Links||No-Minimum requirement||$1-$5||$50||PayPal, Check, and Payoneer|
Now that you have an idea of the best ad networks and how much you can potentially make, let’s go into more details and see which of the two is a better choice for you.
Mediavine ad Network
Mediavine is a very popular ad network amongst publishers who have more than 50,000 monthly sessions for their blogs. Previously many bloggers used to recommend Mediavine, but now there are other ad networks like AdThrive and Ezoic which are becoming very popular.
The awesome thing about Mediavine is that it is a Google Certified Partner and it is also Tag Certified. Mediavine has 3 main core principles on which they focus to give the best results to their publishers.
The three core principles are:
- Best-in-class technology
- Traffic quality
- Brand Safety
How Popular is Mediavine?
If you are a reader of this blog, you know I love to use tables and Google trends a lot. The awesome thing about Google Trends is that it will point you in the right direction when you want to know a particular trend for a keyword, Company, or search term.
So, let’s see what Google Trends tells us about Mediavine.
As you can see, the trend for Mediavine has been increasing over time. This clearly shows that the company is really thriving.
But what about Monumetric?
Well, let’s compare these two and see which one is more trendy.
Based on this trend, you can clearly see that Monumetric is not a popular ad network. But it doesn’t mean you cannot use it. We will discuss more on that later.
For the time being, let’s see the pros and cons for Mediavine, shall we?
Pros of using Mediavine:
- The platform uses “lazy loading”, a lightweight ad tech that optimizes your ads so that they can load more effectively. This in turn reduces your site speed and your content loads faster.
- You will get access to premium ads and every ad unit comes with an ad reporting button so that you can have control of your ads.
- You will be able to showcase your videos and monetize them more effectively.
- They have an excellent Facebook community where you can interact with their team members and industry experts. These people will guide you in the right direction.
- The platform automatically places ads for you to earn maximum revenue using your ad slots more effectively.
- This ad network is amongst the best and you will have access to the best earnings in the industry.
Cons of using Mediavine:
- Since they are very selective, they can reject your application without given any particular details.
- You absolutely need to have 50,000 monthly sessions to get accepted on the platform.
- Most of your traffic must come from the US, UK, and Canada to be eligible.
- For traffic from developing countries (India & China) the RPM is not the best in the industry. You will make more money with Ezoic if most of your traffic is coming from developing countries.
Mediavine Payment Details
For most new bloggers getting money from their blog is a constant struggle. This is because the most difficult thing to do when it comes to generating enough money from ads is getting traffic.
This is why I prefer to use Pinterest, which actually is helping me to make this blog profitable.
One thing you should know about Mediavine: It will pay publishers on a Net-65 basis, which can be a little frustrating for many people.
Here is the payment schedule for one whole year:
Now, there are a few payment methods that Mediavine offers to give its publishers more flexibility. Here are all the payments methods and fees:
|Payment Method||Minimum Payout||Tipalti Fee|
|Wire Transfer US||$25||$15 per transaction|
|Wire Transfer Non-US, Non-USD||$25||$20 per transaction|
|Wire Transfer Non-US (USD)||$25||$26 per transaction|
Monumetric ad Network
Monumetric is an ad network that is specially designed for new bloggers. Just like Mediavine, Monumetric will pay you for both Pay Per Click and Pay Per View.
Though the minimum traffic requirement is only 10,000 monthly sessions, they charge an implementation fee of $99 which is quite discouraging.
It doesn’t mean that you will need to pay the implementation fee upfront. They will deduct it from your earnings once you have earned $99.
Right now, Monumetric has four monetization programs that help them categories their publishers effectively.
- Propel: 10,000 – 80,000 monthly pageviews
- Ascend: 80,000 – 500,000 monthly pageviews
- Startos: 500,000 – 10,000,000 monthly pageviews
- Propeller: 10,000,000+ monthly pageviews
Pros of using Monumetric:
- It provides high-quality ads that don’t slow down your website.
- You will get personal support. Once your application is accepted, they will do all the work for you. You just need to create a new user for your WordPress and give them the new login. They will do the installation for you.
- You will get the flexibility to choose which types of ads you can show on your website.
- If you choose to partner with them, you will earn 2% of earnings for every user who uses your link to use the platform.
- You will get paid for both the Pay Per View and Pay Per Click revenue models.
- You will be able to use their VOLT video player to monetize videos. Now you don’t need to have your own videos. Based on your niche, the video player will play appropriate content between advertisements.
Cons of using Monumetric:
- The approval can sometimes take up to 3 months.
- You will get paid on a Net-60 basis.
- You absolutely need to have 10,000 monthly sessions to get approved. They are not as flexible as other ad networks like Ezoic which can accept websites with 3,000-10,000 monthly sessions.
- You will need to pay an implementation fee of $99 which is quite a lot as new bloggers will have a hard time reaching that amount.
- The commission for their referral program lasts for only 1 year.
Final Thoughts: Mediavine Vs Monumetric- Which One Is Best For You
When it comes to making more money, Mediavine tends to outperform Monumetric. But the only downside is that you will need to have at least 50,000 monthly sessions to get accepted.
So, is there any other ad network that performs like Mediavine and has fewer requirements when it comes to traffic?
Of course, there is. And it is my favorite ad network.
If you use Ezoic, you will be able to make more money and the awesome thing is that they can accept your website if you are getting anywhere between 3,000-10,000 monthly sessions.
For instance, Income School did a survey and they found the average earnings from Ezoic was more than Mediavine.
Here are the earnings for Ezoic, Mediavine, Google Adsense, and AdThrive:
If you want more info, you can surely read my detailed guide where I compared Mediavine and Ezoic.
In short, if you are looking for a reliable ad network, then I will advise you to choose Ezoic.
I hope that this blog post will help you to make the right decision.
If you liked this post, please don’t forget to share it with your friends as it will help me a lot. Thank you.
See you soon!