This content may contain links to products, software, and services. Please assume all such links are affiliate links which may result in my earning commissions and fees.
You must have wondered what a rich pin is and how it can help your online business.
Actually, Rich Pin is a must if you want to improve the overall performance of your Pinterest account.
Why is this so?
Well, I am glad you asked.
This is because Rich Pins are very focused on the SEO aspect of Pinterest. It is designed to create brand awareness and add context to your pins.
Right now there are around 2 billion monthly searches on Pinterest. This is an ideal opportunity for you to create brand awareness and use it to bring traffic to your website.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you are struggling with blog traffic, you can use Pinterest to bring massive traffic to your new blog.
What is a Rich Pin?
Rich Pins are pins that contain extra information. It is a type of organic pin that automatically syncs information from your website to your pins.
The awesome thing about Rich Pins is that whenever you update your content, the Rich pins get updated without you having to do any adjustments on Pinterest.
How cool is that?
Types of Rich pins that are available:
- Product pins
- Recipe pins
- Movie pins
- Article pins
- Place pins
- App pins
So must be wondering, why you have to use Rich pins instead of normal pins.
Well, let me tell you why.
With Rich Pins:
- You will have access to automatic updates. Every time you make changes, you won’t need to update it manually on Pinterest.
- You will get higher visibility. Rich pins tend to stand out more, which will help to grab people’s attention. Given that Rich pins contain more information, you will appear for more keywords than normal pins.
- If ever you are selling any product, rich pins will allow you to list prices, confirm availability, and link to the product page.
- You will get more brand awareness as Rich Pins feature your logo and website name.
Therefore, why not use Rich Pins to your advantage to build brand awareness and drive more quality traffic to your website.
Let’s see how you can install Rich pins just in a few minutes.
How to install Rich Pins
1. Install Yoast SEO
If you are not using Yoast SEO, it’s time to give it a try. It is the BEST SEO plugin available for online marketers.
Yoast SEO will allow you to optimize all your blog posts on WordPress, but it will also allow you to set up Rich Pins easily.
And the best part, it’s completely free.
Once you have installed and activated the plugin, head over to “SEO” and press on the “Social” tab.
Now click on the “Facebook” tab and enable “Add Open Graph metadata”. Save the changes.
2. Validate your URL with Pinterest
Now, head over to Rich Pin Validator and enter the URL of any of your blog posts.
Now click on “Validate”.
Congratulation. You have now Rich Pins enabled.
NOTE: Most of the time new users will get approved easily. But there are some cases where there might be validation errors. If ever you encounter such an issue, you can check Pinterest Guidelines or even contact the support team.
Final Thoughts: What is a rich pin and how to enable it
Rich Pins is a must as it will take your business to the next level. As you can see, it was very easy to enable Rich Pins for your account.
If you are new to Pinterest, then here are a few resources that will help you:
- How To Make Money A Full-Time Income With Pinterest
- How to name your pinterest boards to get more clicks
- 6 Simple Ways To Increase Your Pinterest Views In Just 1 Month
- How To Make Money On Pinterest With Affiliate Link
- Top 10 Pinterest Mistakes You Should Avoid To Get Massive Traffic
- The Latest Pinterest Algorithm Update
- How To Increase Outbound Clicks On Pinterest
If you liked this post, please don’t forget to share it so that others can benefit from it.
See you soon!