Some years back I didn’t even know that you could make money blogging. I was just like you and wanted to know why blogging was so popular.
That curious nature of mine, made me search for all kinds of answers on the web. Answers which will eventually help me start my blog.
I am sure you are confused about the whole online world and you want to know if it’s possible to make a full-time income with blogging.
Well, I am here to tell you that blogging is an amazing adventure that will help you grow on so many levels. Actually, it is the best online business you can have.
- How To Become A Professional Blogger In 2021
- How To Make Money On Pinterest With And Without A Blog In 2021
- 17 Crucial things to know before starting your blog
Why blogging is so popular?
Blogging has allowed many people from all walks of life to earn a full-time passive income. This in itself is a huge achievement.
Many bloggers are earning anywhere between $10,000-$200,000 per MONTH with their blog. Something that was not possible in the past. The internet has made more self-made millionaires during the past 10 years.
The awesome thing is: Once your blog starts to grow, you will dedicate only 6-12 hours per WEEK to your online business.
Pretty cool isn’t it?
And the fact that you can maintain your blog from anywhere has made blogging very popular.
What is a blog anyway?
A blog is a website that contains written articles on topics that you want to write. It is a way to express your creativity and educate people on your desired topic.
Now, there are different topics (Niches) on which you can write. It’s all a matter of personal choice.
There is a catch.
Having a passion for a particular topic doesn’t mean you will make money.
It’s an online BUSINESS.
And in business: Passion doesn’t bring money.
This is the only way you are guaranteed to have a chance of ever making a FULL-TIME income.
Should you start a blog?
Well, if you can write articles every week consistently for a few years, then for sure you can start your blog.
Actually, with only an initial investment of $3.95 per month, you CAN earn anywhere between $1,000-$10,000 in your first year.
Now if you do the math, turning $3.95 into $10,000 is quite an achievement.
I will be very transparent with you.
The only regret I have is that I didn’t start earlier. But, I didn’t know that blogging has such huge potential.
Previously people had to wait for 5-10 years before they could ever earn $25,000 per month.
But the internet has changed everything. I have seen people earn $200,000 in their first year of blogging.
That made a huge impact on me. If so many people can do it, then surely I can.
So here I am, talking about blogging with you.
Related: 24 blogging tips for new bloggers
What qualities you must have to become a good blogger?
As a blogger, certain key qualities can help you. These are things that you can learn with time:
- Persistence– Blogging is a journey of lots of ups and downs. Though everything will stabilize after 6-9 months, it is the main reason why many give up on their blog. Having an iron mindset will help you get through the rough stages till you start to earn at least a part-time income.
- Patience– Having enough patience to understand that great things take time. If you want to earn a full-time income you must know that your blog must age and mature before it reaches its full potential.
- Having a genuine desire to learn– Blogging is a business model that you must handle all by yourself. Don’t expect anyone to help you. Having the ability to learn and apply new strategies is crucial to take your blog to the next level.
- Be ready to invest- You must understand that investing in your blog is paramount for long-term success. Once you start to earn money, you must set aside at least 20%-40% of your earnings and invest in your blog. This will help you to set up a system that will require little maintenance.
- Know how to use social media– We are in 2021, and using social media is a no-brainer. You don’t need to invest a lot of time. 10-15 minutes per day will be enough. Social media will allow you to get eyeballs on your blog from day 1. Which I believe is vital to get some feedback about your overall progress.
The funny thing is that I had none of these qualities myself. I hated social media, always gave up very easily, was stubborn to invest and I thought I knew everything.
But, blogging has allowed me to see life from a different perspective. And I am thankful to all those bloggers whose content helped me a lot.
How can you start a blog?
Blogging as a career? Is it worth it?
Well, if you know how to do it properly, then it can be the most thrilling experience of your life.
Though many people claim that you should work hard(80-100 hours per WEEK) to be successful at blogging, many people invest only 15-20 hours per WEEK and get the desired results.
It’s not about working harder, but working smarter.
For instance, if you dedicate only a few hours in the morning to creating content, you will see a huge spike in creativity and the overall quality of your content.
Something that many people forget: In the morning your will-power is at its maximum.
So, how can you get started with blogging?
Well, this is the most simple yet effective way to start your blogging journey.
Step 1- Write a few articles
Try to write a few articles and see if how you feel about it. You can choose any topic you want. You can also choose a profitable topic and see how you are doing.
Step 2-Find the right blogging strategy
Once you have decided on your topic, you will need to develop a blogging strategy that will help you approach blogging the right way.
This is vital. Having the right blogging strategy will prepare your mind for the future and will ensure that what you are doing will work.
Step 3-Start your blog
Now that you have a few blog posts and a good blogging strategy, it’s time to start your blog.
This is a step that seems difficult. But it isn’t. Nowadays you can start your blog in less than 15 minutes.
You don’t need to know any advanced technical kinds of stuff and coding. If you choose Bluehost, they will install wordpress for you during the sign-in process.
You see, everything has been made easy for you.
Head over to this super easy guide which will guide you to start your blog.
Step 4-Do keyword research
Find keywords that will help you get traffic. Though keyword research requires you to buy a keyword tool, you can find interesting keywords using the Google Keyword Planner.
The thing is: You MUST do keyword research before you start to create content.
Many people ignore keyword research, that’s why they fail.
The importance of targeting the right keywords will determine your success in the industry.
Step 5-Create content
Now, it’s time to create your content. Creating content is something that you will find tough in the beginning.
Maybe you will spend 3-4 hours creating a single blog post. With enough practice, you will be able to create a single blog post in only 45 minutes.
If you are struggling with your content, these resources will help you a lot:
- The ideal length of your blog posts
- How to structure your blog posts to get a higher ranking on Google
Step 6-Promote your content
Getting organic traffic for your blog will take some time. That’s why you must use social media for your blog traffic.
This is key. You need to bring people to your new blog once you have a few articles published.
The 2 most common social media platforms that I will suggest are Twitter and Pinterest.
- How you use Pinterest for your blog traffic-The best Pinterest strategy
- How to use Twitter to promote your blog for free
These 2 social media platforms will be enough to get some initial momentum.
Now, if you want to use Facebook, you can also set up an automatic schedule.
I don’t recommend you spend time on Facebook. Your time will be better spent on creating new articles.
Step 7-Monetize your blog
Now that you have your blog, I know you will be desperate to make some bucks and see how it is.
So what can you do?
You can use Google Adsense or try Affiliate marketing.
I will highly recommend you reach at least 30 articles before you learn anything about blog monetization.
But if waiting drives you crazy and you have enough time, you can start to monetize your blog.
Now, which blog monetization technique will you choose?
Google Adsense or affiliate marketing?
It’s a matter of personal choice.
Try only once at a time.
For Google Adsense, these resources will help you:
- How to add AdSense code in WordPress post
- How to block low paying AdSense ads
- How To Increase Google AdSense RPM And Earn 10 Times More
For affiliate marketing, these are some super easy guides:
- What Are Affiliate Links And How You Can Use Them To Generate A Full-Time Income
- Affiliate Marketing With Pinterest- The Best Guide To Make Money In 2021
Final thoughts: Why blogging is so popular
Blogging is popular because it can give you freedom. Freedom will allow you to live a life that others can only dream of.
I hope this article will help you start your blogging journey towards building a profitable online business.
See you soon!