This blog post can contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please note that I only recommend products and services that I personally use and trust.
Fiverr is an online marketplace that enables businesses and individuals to hire freelance services at an affordable price. While there are a lot of positives associated with using Fiverr, there are a few drawbacks that have caused the platform to gain a negative reputation.
Fiverr is not necessarily bad, but it is often criticized for its low fees and quality of services. Additionally, it can be difficult to find high-skilled professionals who offer their services through Fiverr, and buyers often complain about the lack of communication with sellers.
Reasons Why Fiverr Is Bad
1. Low Prices: Fiverr often offers its services at unrealistically low prices, making it hard to make a decent profit. This can be especially discouraging for freelancers with experience, who often charge higher rates than some of the entry-level freelancers on Fiverr.
2. Unreliable Quality: Although there are legitimate and experienced freelancers using Fiverr, there are also many individuals who are less experienced or less reliable, unable to deliver products or services of the expected quality.
3. Difficulty Growing a Client Base: Many users find it difficult to break through Fiverr’s competition, struggle to build a reputation, and are unable to convert jobs on Fiverr into a steady stream of reliable clients.
4. Limited Microtransactions: On Fiverr, most services cost more than $5, meaning that payment is often broken into multiple fees. This can be tedious for both buyers and sellers.
5. Unsolicited Promotion: Many of Fiverr’s users advertise their services beyond the Fiverr platform, posting their ads in forums, social media, and other places where promotions are not welcome.
Solutions for Improving Fiverr
1. Increase the Level of Communication between Buyers and Sellers: Fiverr should increase the level of communication between buyers and sellers to improve the user experience. This would allow customers to communicate with their sellers and gain a better understanding of what they need help with, as well as how they can best achieve their goals.
2. Offer More Support Resources: Fiverr should work to provide more support resources, such as tutorials and helpful content, both to buyers and sellers. This will help them to better understand the platform and how to effectively use it to meet their needs.
3. Revamp the Rating System: Fiverr should revamp its rating system to ensure that customers are only receiving feedback from customers who have used the services. This would help to ensure that buyers can feel confident that the feedback they receive from buyers is genuine and accurate.
4. Streamline the Payment Process: Fiverr should work to streamline the payment process between buyers and sellers. This would make it easier for buyers to make payments and receive services, while also eliminating any potential issues with the payment process.
5. Increase Rewards Programs: Fiverr should focus on increasing the rewards programs that it offers. This will encourage buyers and sellers to stay loyal to the platform, which in turn will generate more business for Fiverr.
Should you start your freelancing journey on Fiverr?
That really depends on your goals as a freelancer. Fiverr can be a great place to get started and build a portfolio, as well as to gain valuable experience and feedback from clients.
However, if your ultimate goal is to build a sustainable freelancing business then it may not be the best starting point, as most of the jobs on Fiverr are priced relatively low and offer little room for growth.
How to start your freelancing journey on Fiverr?
1. Create an Account: Sign up for a Fiverr account on the website. Make sure you provide accurate information as it will be used to verify your identity.
2. Add Your Profile Details: Setting up your profile is important to attract potential buyers. Write an effective bio; include your skills, experience, and services to provide customers with a clear understanding of what you offer.
3. Set Your Gigs: Select the packages you want to offer, create your gig descriptions, and determine what price to charge for your services.
Related: How To Create A Professional Gig On Fiverr
4. Promote Yourself: Leverage your social media accounts and make sure your profile looks professional and attractive.
Related: How To Promote Your Fiverr Gigs
5. Maximise Your Profile Visibility: Optimise your profile’s visibility by interacting with customers, responding to all messages promptly, getting more reviews and ratings, and actively promoting your gigs.
6. Track Your Statistics: Use the built-in analytics tools to track your statistics such as views, clicks, and impressions. Leverage the data to track performance and adjust your gigs accordingly.
7. Get Paid: You will be able to receive payments from Fiverr directly via PayPal, direct deposit, or other payment methods if you have achieved Pro status; otherwise, payments will be made through Fiverr’s Marketplace Protection system.
Related: How To Get Noticed On Fiverr To Earn A Six-Figure Income
Conclusion: Why Is Fiverr So Bad?
In conclusion, Fiverr isn’t a good choice for those seeking high-quality services because of its low costs. The lack of quality assurance, long wait times, and lack of customer service all make it difficult to trust Fiverr and the services it provides.
Additionally, Fiverr limits growth opportunities for freelancers and is known to freeze funds for customers and sellers based on little evidence. These issues make it difficult to recommend Fiverr as an optimal service provider.